This article will show you how to add a category to the Alert Center.
Who can use this feature?
- A category must be published and have at least one published alert in it before it will show on the live side of the website.
- Navigate Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select Add Category
- Fill in the information
- Category Title: Name of the category
- Description: Brief description of what is in the category
- Show Brief Description: Choose how you would like the description displayed
- Show Alert Bar: Alerts from this category will show in the Alert Bar at the top of the page
- Featured Area Type: How the alerts would display in the Feature Column of the related pages
- Note: When Full Item Display is selected, the Brief Description will show in the Alert Center Module Widget for this category.
- Email List: Allows Admin users to send out notification emails from this category
- Allow Subscribers: Allows users to subscribe to Calendar in the Notify Me module
- Note: You must have the Notify Me module for this function.
- Allow SMS: Choose to enable SMS messaging
- Show Archives: Choose to display archives as visible to the public
- Permissions: Setting permissions at the folder level is suggested
- View: May view the live side only
- Author: Submit new items, modify/delete unpublished items
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify published items, accept/reject submitted items
- Owner: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions
- Select a saving option
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit: Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher that it is ready for review (option is for Authors only)
- Save & Publish: Will save the work and publish it for viewing
- Spell Check: Will check the spelling
- Cancel: Will delete what you’ve done