This article will show you how to add a Bid Posting.
Who can use this feature?
- Ensure that Allow Subscribers is selected, if needed.
- Job and Bid posting descriptions have a tendency to include XML code when copied and pasted. This code must be cleared from the code view for the front-end jobs module to display correctly. We advise always typing directly into the editor box rather than copying and pasting from another source. An example of such code is in the image below
- Go to Modules > Content > Bid Postings
- Locate the category you would like to add a bid to
- Select Choose an Action > Add Item
- Fill in the appropriate details about the bid that is being posted
- Bid Number: Number assigned to identify bid
- Bid Title: Title of the bid
- Start Date/ Start Time: When you would like the job to be published
- Publication Info: Add publication name
- End Date/ End Time: When you would like the job to unpublish
- Note: A blank End Date will allow the job to stay open until contracted.
- Submittal Info: How bids can be submitted
- Bid Opening Info: If there are any special details about the bid opening
- Status: Indicate the status of the bid
- Addtl Status Info: If there are any additional comments about the bid status
- Bid Recipient: The contact to receive bids
- Description: Description of the bid
- Qualifications: If there are any special qualifications to submit a bid
- Special Requirements: If there are any special requirements for the bid
- Miscellaneous Info: If there is any additional information about the bid
- Addendum Date: Updated date, if applicable
- Pre-bid Meeting: Details for a pre-bid meeting
- Contact Person: The contact name
- Download Available: If there are downloadable documents for more information
- Fee: If there is a fee for applying
- Plan & Spec Available: If there are plans and specs available for the projects
- Business Hours: Business hours of the contact posting the bid
- Fax Number: If you have a fax number you would like information about the bid
- Plan Holders List: Details regarding if a plan-holders list is used
- Bid Posting Categories: The category or categories where you would like to add the bid
- Choose a saving option
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Publish: Will save the work and publish it for viewing
- Subject: Will auto-fill with the relevant subject line
- Comments: Attach a brief description of the bid
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Attach a message to the SMS notification
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device.
- On Start Date: Sends the notification on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the notification immediately
- Select Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: The notification will then send accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected Bids category
- Attach a Document to My Bid: Add documents to the Bid Posting
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.