This article will show you how to create a Category in the Blog module.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Blog
- Click on Add Category
- Fill in the information fields
- Blog Name: Name you wish to give your blog
- Description: Add a brief description of the blog
- Image: Add an image to your blog
- Blog Header: Create a header on your blog
- Comments Option
- No comments: No users can comment on blogs
- Moderated: Comments can be posted, but require approval first
- Unmoderated: Comments can be posted freely
- Allow Subscribers: Select yes or no to whether or not users can subscribe to the blog
- Show Archives: Allows users to view archived blog posts
- Email List: Controls if users are able to subscribe to email notifications
- Add Item RSS Behavior & Modify Items RSS Behavior
- Always ask: Asks if you wish to include the new or modified item in RSS feeds
- Do not include in RSS feed: Will not allow new or modified items to show in RSS feeds
- Include in RSS: Always includes new or modified items in RSS feeds
- Permissions: Fill out the permissions table as desired
- Note: For information on permissions, view Permissions User Guide.
- Note: If a group is grayed out, that means the group has permissions at the module level, so you cannot change these at the category level.
- View only allows users to view the blog, no editing about permissions is allowed
- Default Messages: Edit Default Messages for the Blog
- Subscriber Welcome Message: The email that a subscriber receives when they first sign up
- List Header: Text in the header (beginning) of a blog list
- List Footer: Text in the footer (end) of a blog list
- Select either Save and Publish or Save
- Save: Saves your blog as an unpublished item
- Save and Publish: Saves the blog and publishes it on the public end
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.