This article will show you how to add the FAQs widget to your page using Live Edit.
- A category must be published and have at least one published question to show on the front end. If it still doesn’t show, check that a Category is selected in the widget options.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrator | Owner | Publisher
- Log in to your site
- Navigate to the page where you’d like to display the FAQs and turn on Live Edit
- Select Widgets and then Modules
- Drag the FAQs widget to the desired area of the page
Note: You can drop widgets into the main content area of your page or in the Feature Column. Make sure you see a dotted container appear in the desired spot on your page before you drop your widget.
- Fill out Widget options
- Skin: Allows you to select from a list of pre-created styling options for your widget
- Header Text: The text that will appear above the FAQs (default is “FAQs”)
- Option Set: Choose the desired Option Set (typically only default is available depending on design)
Display: Set the number of items to display in your widget; if there are more items in your FAQs category than the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All FAQs
Note: If you do not see the View All button, please contact Support.
- Number of Columns: Allows you to choose how many columns will display
- Category: Choose the appropriate Category
- Show Answer in Widget: If selected, expanding arrows will be visible next to all questions in the widget, and clicking on the question or the arrow will expand the answer rather than direct it to the FAQ module
- View All and Header Link: Configure the view all link text and where the link should go
- Select the X to save your options
- Click the Save button at the top of the page
- View your new FAQs widget