This article will show you how to add a Blog Posting.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Blog
- Select the blog category you wish to add an entry
- Select the Add Item button
- Complete your blog entry
- Post Name: Public Name of this blog post
- Full Post: Complete the text of your blog post
- Note: This uses the editor just like what is found in pages, to see the full menu select the “Show Advanced Tools” button at the end of the toolbar.
- Lead In: Brief summary of the post; displays on the main blog page before a user reads the full post
- Tags: Search tags for major topics in your post
- Note: Separate each tag with a comma, e.g. City Council, Meeting, Announcement.
- Display: Create a Starting On date (publishing date) and Stopping On date (expiration date)
- Show Archives: Choose to allow previous entries that have been archived to be viewed by the public
- Select a saving option
- Cancel: Do not save changes
- Save: Will save changes without posting to the live site
- Save and Publish: Will save changes and publish them to the live site
- Choose to include in the RSS Feed
- OK: Select OK to include your blog post in the RSS feed
- Cancel: Select Cancel to exclude your blog post from the RSS feed
- A notification window will open; your options to send the notification include
- Subject: Add a subject heading
- Comments: Attach a brief description of the blog
- On Start Date: Sends the notification on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the notification immediately
- Select Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: Notification will send accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected Blog category
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.