This article will show you how to add a Blog Posting.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Blog
- Select the blog category you wish to add an entry
- Select the Add Item button
- Complete your blog entry
- Post Name: Public Name of this blog post
- Full Post: Complete the text of your blog post
- Note: This uses the editor just like what is found in pages, to see the full menu select the “Show Advanced Tools” button at the end of the toolbar.
- Lead In: Brief summary of the post; displays on the main blog page before a user reads the full post
- Tags: Search tags for major topics in your post
- Note: Separate each tag with a comma, e.g. City Council, Meeting, Announcement.
- Display: Create a Starting On date (publishing date) and Stopping On date (expiration date)
- Show Archives: Choose to allow previous entries that have been archived to be viewed by the public
- Select a saving option
- Cancel: Do not save changes
- Save: Will save changes without posting to the live site
- Save and Publish: Will save changes and publish them to the live site
- Choose to include in the RSS Feed
- OK: Select OK to include your blog post in the RSS feed
- Cancel: Select Cancel to exclude your blog post from the RSS feed
- A notification window will open; your options to send the notification include
- Subject: Add a subject heading
- Comments: Attach a brief description of the blog
- On Start Date: Sends the notification on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the notification immediately
- Select Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: Notification will send accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected Blog category