The RSS Widget displays preset RSS feeds on your page.
- Not all feeds are compatible with the RSS widget. For example, items in feeds from sites that use RSS version 1 will not display in the RSS widget. Some feeds will only work in an RSS reader but will not display in the RSS widget. This is due to options being disabled by the RSS host. In this case, contact the RSS host for the preferred display method.
- Feeds that contain HTML tags within the feed items may not display correctly if the feed does not also provide closing tags within that item. This can appear as extra space or formatting that was not intended.
- The RSS Feed is expected to display 14 days ahead of the present day and 30 days back from the present day.
Who can use this feature?System Administrator | Owner | Publisher
Add the RSS Widget to a Page
- Log in to your site
- Navigate to the site page and ensure that Live Edit Is On
- On the Widgets tab select Modules
- Drag and drop the RSS widget onto your page
- Set the Widget options
- Skin: Choose the skin for your widget
- Header Text: Type a custom heading into the field
- Option Set: Choose the desired options set. Typically there is only the Default Set unless you have previously set more up with CivicPlus
- Display: Choose how many Graphic Links will show at any given time within the Widget
- Feed URL: Paste the feed URL here
- Feed Image: Select to upload an image
- Feed Upload Image: Find an image on your computer and add it to the page
- Push: Decide if you want to apply the settings for this widget to all versions of this page and/or if you want to place a copy of this widget on all the subpages of this page
- Push Options: Determines which side of the existing widgets it will place this widget when pushing to the other versions/subpages
- Click the X to close
- Click Save
Use RSS Feeds from Modules
- Add the RSS widget to your page
- Navigate to https://www.yoursite.org/rss.aspx. Adding the /rss.aspx at the end will take you to the RSS page. This displays all the modules that have feeds.
- Find the module you want to display feeds from
- Right-click on All or the category you want to display and select Copy link address
- Past that into the Feed URL of the RSS Widget
- You may also add an image and additional feeds to your widget