Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to set up Community Connection.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Community Connection
- Select the Properties tab
- Fill in fields
- Admin Name: Allows you to change the name of the module
- Header and Footer Text: Enter HTML code for the Header and Footer
- Note: Click Refresh Preview to see what the code will look like on the live site.
- Public Name: If the City, County, or Association wishes to change the public-facing name from Community Connection to something else, simply type the new name into the text field
- Social Media Sharing: Allows the public to share a link to the discussion on their Facebook and Twitter
- Allow Document Upload on Discussions: Allows the public to attach documents and/or files to their post, a hyperlink will appear under the post that will open the document and/or file
- Allow Private Groups: Allows the user to make their group private
- Note: This means users must receive an invitation to gain access. This also means the group will not appear in the public groups list, which keeps the group hidden and private.
- Note: As System Administrator, you can see all groups and go into all groups whether they are public or private.
- Show in My Dashboard: Controls whether or not the Community Connection appears in the CivicPlus Dashboard
- Note: If selected, the module appears. If not, the module will not appear.