This article will show you how to set up Community Connection.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Community Connection
- Select the Properties tab
- Fill in the information fields
- Admin Name: Allows you to change the name of the module
- Header and Footer Text: Enter HTML code for the Header and Footer
- Note: Click Refresh Preview to see what the code will look like on the live site.
- Public Name: If the City, County, or Association wishes to change the public-facing name from Community Connection to something else, simply type the new name into the text field
- Social Media Sharing: Allows the public to share a link to the discussion on their Facebook and Twitter
- Allow Document Upload on Discussions: Allows the public to attach documents and/or files to their post, a hyperlink will appear under the post that will open the document and/or file
- Allow Private Groups: Allows the user to make their group private
- Note: This means users must receive an invitation to gain access. This also means the group will not appear in the public groups list, which keeps the group hidden and private.
- Note: As System Administrator, you can see all groups and go into all groups whether they are public or private.
- Show in My Dashboard: Controls whether or not the Community Connection appears in the CivicPlus Dashboard
- Note: If selected, the module appears. If not, the module will not appear.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.