This article will show you how to upload a document to the Document Center.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Document Center
- Select the folder you wish to add the document to
- Select Add Document(s) button
- Either drag and drop documents or navigate through your computer to select documents
- Note: For file size restrictions, please visit our File Size Limit for Uploads article.
- Click Continue
- You will be directed to the Add Document screen. Fill in the information fields
- Upload Additional File(s): Upload more documents
- Covert All to PDF: We do not recommend converting all documents to PDF at this time as doing so does not guarantee the document to be accessible
- Display Name: Change the display name of the document
- Note: In order to ensure accessibility, you must add a tag to the end of the document Display Name. The tag used depends on the type of document you are uploading. For example, if it is a Word document, your tag would be (DOC). If it is a PDF document, your tag would be (PDF).
- Note: Follow our Naming Conventions Best Practices.
- Alt-text: Descriptive text for accessibility and will appear or be read to those who cannot see an image
- To make changes to the uploaded file, click the triangle next to the document name
- Description (Optional): Provide a brief description of the document
- From and To (Optional): Insert the start and end date of the document
- Note: If no Start or End date is set, the document will be accessible immediately upon Publishing and will remain accessible until it is Unpublished. If a Start Date is set, the document will be Published at 12:00 AM local time on the date specified. If an End Date is set, the document will be Unpublished and Archived at 11:59:59 PM local time on the date specified.
- Convert to PDF: Check to convert a document to PDF
- Hide this document from the public: Check if you want the document hidden
- Click Save or Save and Publish
- Save: This saves all current changes without publishing them to the front-end site.
- Save and Publish: This saves all current changes and published them to the front-end site.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Is there any way we can make the description field required? We require our users to add a description, but they forget and then they see that the description field is marked (opitonal) and they don't understand when we decline their document submissions (even though we have told them repeatedly that they must add a description.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.