Who can use this feature?
Within the Document Center, you can generate a report of all the documents in the Document Center that are not currently linked from within a module or widget from the following list. This can assist in determining which documents can be removed and aid in avoiding broken links from unpublishing or deleting outdated or unused documents. The Unlinked Document Report returns results for all Document Center documents.
This report checks the following areas:
- Alert Center
- Editor Widget
- Graphic Links
- Info Advanced
- List Widget
- News Flash
- Quick Links
- Related Documents Widget
- Staff Directory
- Table Widget
- Text Widget
- If your site has a remote host, this feature will not be operational.
- There is no way to run the Report on Specific Folders.
- This report does not return results from the Facilities, Jobs, or Bids modules so be sure to verify documents that are linked from these modules.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Document Center
- Select Unlinked Documents at the top of the screen
- Prompt will appear that tells you the report will email to you; select OK
- In your email that is designated to your account, you will receive the report as an email attachment
- Open and view the report (a .csv file)
- Note: This file can be opened in either a text editor or a spreadsheet editor like Excel. The file is most easily read as a spreadsheet. This allows sorting or searching the list for specific folders or documents.
- The report will contain five columns:
- Document ID: Document's number within the Document Center; this is useful for searching for documents within embedded folders and to distinguish between folders or documents with similar names
- File Name: Name of the Document
- Document Status: Whether the Document is currently published or not
- Parent Folder: Folder that contains the Document; this Folder may be contained within other Folders
- Folder Status: Whether the listed Folder is currently published or not