This article will show you how to add an item in News Flash.
Who can use this feature?System Administrator | Owner | Publisher | Author
- Navigate to Modules and on the Content tab, select News Flash
- Select which category you would like to add an item to
- Click Add Item
- Fill in the information fields
Display: Choose the date and time to display the item and when it should expire
Note: If you set a start date/time for an item, then it will not be sent out or published until that time.
- Title: This is the headline of the news item
Link: Choose link options for the item
- Web Address: Add the URL
- Display Text: Modify the display text if desired, the default text is Additional Info...
- Open in a new window: Select to open the link in a new window
- Link item, image, read on, RSS, and notifications to this Web Address: Links the item to the link in Web Address
- Lead In: Brief synopsis describing the item that will show in the notification email
Full Text: A full description of the item; will not show in the notification email but will be accessible via a link
- The Full Text area uses the same Editor as the Editor Widget used on the Front End pages of the site. Our Editor Widget Overview article provides more details about the available tools on the editor.
- You cannot currently add a Slideshow to a News Flash item, so it will appear missing in comparison to the regular Editor toolbar. If you would like this functionality in the future, please feel free to submit an enhancement request.
Image: Click Choose Image to attach an image to the item
- Alignment: Choose to align the image to the right or left of the item
- Featured?: Check to feature this item at the top of the News Flash page
- “Read On…” Text: Allows you to change what the full-text link says
- Show Archives: Choose Yes/No to display previous items
- Related Categories: If needed, select any News Flash categories that you would like to duplicate the message in
- Show in Widget: Uncheck if you do not want to allow the item to be displayed in News Flash widgets
- Display: Choose the date and time to display the item and when it should expire
- Click Save and Publish
- Fill in the Notification options
Subject: Auto-fill with the subject information; will show in the notification email
- Include New or Modified status in email subject: Choose to attach a tag that indicates the item as being New or Modified
- Comments: Attach a brief description of the alert; will show in the notification email
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Attach a message to the SMS notification
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device.
- On Start Date: Sends the notification on the start date previously set
- Immediately: Sends the notification immediately
- Send, Don’t Send, or Cancel: Notification will be sent accordingly to those who have signed up in Notify Me for the selected News Flash category
- Subject: Auto-fill with the subject information; will show in the notification email