Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to import new subscribers.
- The file must be a text file with a file name extension ".txt" or ".csv".
- Format Rules
- Fields must be tab or comma-delimited.
- Each record should be placed on a separate line.
- All fields must be present, even if empty.
- Only the SMS Number may be empty.
- Blank lines are allowed/ignored.
- Duplicate entries will be ignored.
- Fields (in order)
- Email Address - Limited to 255 characters.
- SMS Number - Should be empty, or in formats ########## or ###-###-####.
- Subscription Type - Limited to values "email", "sms", "both" (without quotes).
- New subscribers will receive HTML emails.
- Existing subscribers will keep their format preference.
- Existing subscriptions will not be removed.
- Ensure the Allow Subscribers setting is set to Yes before importing subscribers.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > News Flash
- Find the category you would like to add subscribers to
- Select Choose an Action > Subscribers
- Select Import Subscriptions
- Click Choose File to upload a file from your computer
- Choose to Skip Confirmation Process, if applicable
- Note: Subscribers are required to confirm their subscription prior to receiving notifications. Failure to comply with this regulation could result in loss of ability to send any notification through your website, or fines to your organization. If imported subscribers have already confirmed their request to receive your notifications, you may automatically confirm them by selecting the checkbox below.
- Note: If this option is not showing for you please contact us.
- Click Import File
- View imported subscribers