This article will show you how to modify a category in the News Flash module.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > News Flash
- Find the category you want to modify and select Choose an Action > Properties
- Modify the appropriate information
- Category Name: Name of the category
- Description: Short description that will display on the Notify Me Module page for people to subscribe to receive email notifications of the newsflash
- Template: Controls the design that will appear for items associated with this category
- Note: If one is not selected, the default site design will be used.
- Show Lead In:
- Only if Complete Text is Blank: The description field will display if the full text is empty
- Never: Never displays the description field
- Always: Always display the description field
- Show Archives: Allows you to show archives
- Note: If the default is set at the module level, it cannot be changed here.
- Allow Subscribers: Allows users to subscribe to this category via Notify Me
- Allow SMS: Choose to allow SMS notifications
- Email List: Allows you to send out emails to the listserv
- Permissions: Setting permissions at the category level is suggested
- View: May view the live side only
- Author: Submit new items, modify/delete unpublished items
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items and accept/reject submitted items
- Owner: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions
- Choose a saving option
- Cancel: Will delete what you’ve done
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit: Will save the work and send a notification that it has been updated to subscribers (Authors only)
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.