Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to copy a message.
In an effort to ensure scheduled messages contain accurate information, the notifications feature incorporated in CivicEngage modules allows for only one scheduled notification at a time.
If a site user modifies and saves an existing item that already has a notification scheduled, a new notification window will appear and the notification settings entered will overwrite the existing scheduled notification.
For example, if a site user edits the Tomato Festival Calendar event to reschedule the event to a later date due to weather, when the site user saves they will be prompted to re-fill out the notification settings and should set them based on the modifications they made to the event. If the user chooses Don't Send this will cancel the previously scheduled notification and will not create a new notification to be sent.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Notify Me
- Find the list with the message that you wish to copy
- Select Choose an Action > View Messages
- Find the message you would like to copy
- Select Choose an Action > Copy
- Change the list that the message belongs to, or leave at default.
- Complete the information
- Date to Send: Leave blank to send upon Save & Send being selected, or choose a future date for the message to auto-send
- Time To Send: Leave blank to send upon Save & Send being selected, or choose a future time for the message to auto-send
- Sender Name: The default for this field is the name of the mailing list
- E-mail Subject: Should be relevant to the information provided in the message.
- E-mail Message: Enter your message here, replacing the text <type your message here>
- Note: Making changes to the header and footer of this message will only affect this message. Remember the footer includes the unsubscribe information.
- Copy: Copy HTML to Text or Text to HTML
- Mobile Text Message: Enter the mobile text message for the subscribers who wished to be notified via SMS message; 160 character limit
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device
- Saving Options
- Cancel: Will delete what you’ve done
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit: Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher/owner/system administrator that it is ready for review (option is viewable by authors only)
- Save & Send: Will save the message and send it to subscribers