Users may add HTML anchors to a page to help assist readers with navigation. Anchors are shortcut links that lead from one section of a page to another section on the same page.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to the page you wish to add anchors to
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Select the Widgets tab on the left-hand side
- Drag and drop the Editor widget to your page
- Create your content in the normal Editor screen
- Click the Code View option on the toolbar
- Navigate to the desired section and add the HTML attribute <p id="name"> next to the words you want to link to
- Note: Replace the word name with a specific term for each instance. Leave the quotation marks as part of the code.
- Scroll to where you want to add the link that users will click on to be directed to the section in step 7 and add the HTML code <a href="#name">[text]</a>
- Note: Replace the name with the specific term used in step 7, and leave the quotation marks and pound sign/hashtag.
- Note: Ensure that after the text you close the HTML link with a </a>.
- Re-click on the Code View button to return to the regular view
- Ensure that one of the sections is a link and the other appears as just plain text
- Click the green checkmark to exit the Editor
- Navigate to the top of the screen and select Save
- View your page in Preview Mode
- Click on the Anchor link and ensure that it directs to your desired section