A page, in general, is the record of the page in relation to others on the sitemap - this record is a number.
- Example: www.civicplus.com/200/Page-Name is page number 200.
Page With Content
To add content, you can drag-and-drop widgets from your Widgets tab (in live edit) and place them on the page.
Check the Linked Page option to link to another page or website. Once selected, more link options will appear.
- Link: To link to an existing page within your website start typing the page title or the ID number into the field. You may also copy-and-paste a page or website’s address in the field. Hint: Your link should always start with a “/” for all internal pages or “http://” for all external pages.
- Link target: Select if you wish to open the link in a new window
- Use Menu: Placing a check here will make it so that the sub-menu items that show up underneath the page that they link to, also show up under this page in the menu.
In order to have any public-facing content, you will need to have a version (or versions) that is the actual content and gets displayed to the public.
A version is a copy of the content that can be changed, updated, and is eligible to be published. Different versions can have different statuses:
- Published (no tag): The published version of the page
- Draft: A version of the page that is not visible to the public but is eligible for publishing at any time
- Pending: Is already published but has a start date selected that is in the future, so the status will be pending until that date comes to pass
Submitted: A version that has been submitted by an Author and is awaiting approval
For example, you may have a published version of the content that the public can see and another draft version that is a work-in-progress until you choose to publish it.