This article is meant to share the exact Best Practices that CivicPlus Content Developers use in the Content review phase. We want to share this guide to provide transparency on our guidelines, which should provide a further understanding of the Final Content Report.
Content Best Practices
The CivicPlus Best Practices Guide is a checklist for implementing accessibility principles within the CivicEngage content management system (CMS) to achieve Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) conformance and optimize content usability. Content Editors apply the guide to customer content during Content Migration and Optimization. Application of the guide is reviewed during Quality Control, and the Content Editor is given a Quality Score based on the outlined scoring criteria.
Features of Best Practices
The CivicPlus Content Best Practices Guide (PDF) is a checklist for implementing accessibility principles and includes sections that cover:
- Compliance: Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Compliance: Images & Text
- In-House Formatting Consistency: Images, Pages, Text
- In-House Formatting Navigation: Bucket Pages, Navigation, Site Maps
- In-House Formatting Module & Widget Consistency: Titles, Modules, Widgets
- Editing: Capitalization, Punctuation, Spacing
Helpful Modules for Content Creation
Top modules to create content:
- Editor Widget
- Image Widget
- Slideshow Widget
- Staff Directory Module Widget
- Related Documents Widget
- Calendar Module Widget
- FAQ Module Widget
- News Flash Module Widget
- Quick Links Module Widget
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.