This article will provide a few Best Practices to help you keep all of your content consistent across your site.
- Use Staff Directory Widget for Contact Information: Use the Staff Directory module and widget to consistently house contact information as the first item in the feature column
- Reasoning: If you place contact information consistently in one place and towards the top of the page, you provide the next step for them to take, and avoid any "dead-ends."
- Repeat Important Information: Place actionable or commonly requested tasks/pages into multiple areas
- Reasoning: Repetition throughout the site creates familiarity and ease of use. For instance, you could place Utility Payments under departments, information for residents, and a How Do I/Help Center to ensure that a user finds the instructions no matter where they look.
- Use Links to Limit Duplicate Information: Store information in only one spot and link to it when it comes up in other areas
- Reasoning: With the information in one spot, such as under the department responsible for the task, it will allow for easy updates to information.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.