This article will provide a few Best Practices to help you keep all of your content consistent across your site.
- Use Staff Directory Widget for Contact Information: Use the Staff Directory module and widget to consistently house contact information as the first item in the feature column
- Reasoning: If you place contact information consistently in one place and towards the top of the page, you provide the next step for them to take, and avoid any "dead-ends."
- Repeat Important Information: Place actionable or commonly requested tasks/pages into multiple areas
- Reasoning: Repetition throughout the site creates familiarity and ease of use. For instance, you could place Utility Payments under departments, information for residents, and a How Do I/Help Center to ensure that a user finds the instructions no matter where they look.
- Use Links to Limit Duplicate Information: Store information in only one spot and link to it when it comes up in other areas
- Reasoning: With the information in one spot, such as under the department responsible for the task, it will allow for easy updates to information.