In Live Edit, you have access to the Properties tab. The properties tab allows you to change menu text, hide pages, and choose if you would like to make the archives viewable. This article gives instructions on how to navigate through the Properties options in the Properties tab on a page.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to your desired page.
- Ensure that Live Edit is ON.
- Select Properties in the vertical tabs.
- Click the Properties option.
Menu Text: The link text that displays in the site's menus. Click in the field and enter the new text if you wish to to change the menu text.
- Note: This also generates the URL for the page, and should be as short as possible.
Always Use Page Title for Menu Text: This option ensures that the Menu Text automatically matches the page title when submitted or saved page versions are published.
- Note: If you select this option, you can not change the Menu Text in the Properties tab. You must change the Page Title in the Version Options.
- Menu Text: The link text that displays in the site's menus. Click in the field and enter the new text if you wish to to change the menu text.
Hidden: Select an option to hide this page from displaying in site menus and/or mega menus.
- Note: To unhide a page, simply unselect any of the options.
- Hide from all site menus: Hide the page from all site menus and the site map
- Hide from all site menus, but show in sitemap: Select to show the hidden page in your sitemap
- Hide from mega menus only: Hide the page from Pages widgets or mega menus, but not secondary navigation or the site map.
- Archives Visible: Make archived versions visible to the public.
- Hide Page Title: Hide the Page/Version Title for this page.
Department Header: Select to Make this page a Department Header
- Note: If enabled, and the Search Widget is configured to allow it, users will only be able to search Department Header-related content.
Enable SAML Login: Depending on how your site is set up, you may or may not see this option:
- For more information, view our articles Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Troubleshooting Group Syncing and LDAP Troubleshooting Login Issues.
5. Click Save Page Changes to finalize any changes.