This article will show you how to configure Widget Options for an existing Pages Widget on a page of your site.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to the page that contains the Pages Widget you want to edit
- Ensure that Live Edit is On
- Hover over the widget area and select the Widget Options button
- Make edits to the formatting options, including the ability to change the overall Format
- Skin: Type of Page Menu
- Heading: Name of Page
- Format 1: Shows the parent page name and page description, while all second-level child pages will just include the name and a link to that page
- Format 2: Show the parent and child page titles and descriptions for both
- Format 3: Shows the page titles for both the main page and second-level child pages
- Format 4: Shows parent page and child page names and includes an image along with each parent page section
- Columns: How many columns you want in the menu
- Depth: How long you want the columns to go
- Widget breakpoint: Width at which this widget will switch from "narrow" to "wide" view (e.g. vertically stacked columns will be positioned horizontally, thumbnails position themselves beside text instead of above)
- Click the X to exit Widget Options
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
How can we edit the style of the Pages widget? For example, we use Format 2, which presents two issues:
We do not use Format 1 as the text for each link is just "Link to page," which presents its own accessibility issues and is in contrast to CivicPlus' Links Best Practices
Please sign in to leave a comment.