In the Quick Links module, you can choose to have as many Quick Link categories as you need. Each Link category (e.g. Parks and Rec Links, Police Links) can 'live' on as many pages as it needs to, but will filter back into the main Quick Links module page. Quick Links can also be set up with your Departments as categories or other areas of interest as a category.
The Quick Links widget in Live Edit can be used to place any category or categories on a page. When Quick Links are on any page besides the homepage and the Quick Links module page, they will be placed on the right-hand side of the page or in the feature column (the feature column must be turned on).
- Organize Quick Links by category
- Provide links to important information, documents, or related websites, cutting down on phone calls and foot traffic
- Change the order and placement of Quick Links on a page
- Set Quick Links to auto-publish/unpublish
- Place the same Quick Links on one or more related pages
- View Quick Link Module References
A Quick Links category called “Finance Department” may contain links to pages such as:
- Appraisers Office
- Property Tax Search
- Online Utility Bill Payment
A Quick Links category called “Home Page” may include links on your home page that you always want to keep updated, such as:
- Apply for a Job
- How Do I...?
- City Directory