This article will show you how to add a category.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > News Flash
- Select Add Category
- Fill in the information fields
- Category Name: Name of the category displayed to the public
- Description: Short description that will display on the Notify Me Module page for people to subscribe to receive email notifications of the newsflash
- Template: Controls the design that will appear for items associated with this category
- Show Lead In
- Never: Will not show the lead-in for the description
- Always: Will always show the lead-in for the description
- Only if Full Text is blank: Will only show the lead-in if the full-text area is blank
- Show Archives: The default will show as Yes or No; if the default is set at the module level, it cannot be changed here
- Allow Subscribers: Allows users to subscribe to this category via Notify Me
- Allow SMS: Choose Yes or No
- Email List: Allows you to send out emails to a listserv
- Permissions: Setting permissions at the category level is suggested
- View: May view the live side only
- Author: Submit new items, modify/delete unpublished items
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items and accept/reject submitted items
- Owner: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions
- Cancel: Will delete what you’ve done
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit (Authors only): Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher that it is ready for review
- Save & Publish: Will save the work and publish it for viewing
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.