This article will show you how to create a new message/item within a mailing list in Notify Me.
Who can use this feature?
- In an effort to ensure scheduled messages contain accurate information, the notifications feature in CivicEngage modules allows for only one scheduled notification at a time.
- If a site user modifies and saves an existing item that already has a notification scheduled, a new notification window will appear and the notification settings entered will overwrite the existing scheduled notification.
- For example, if a site user edits the Tomato Festival Calendar event to reschedule the event to a later date due to weather when the site user saves they will be prompted to re-fill out the notification settings and should set them based on the modifications they made to the event. If the user chooses Don't Send this will cancel the previously scheduled notification and will not create a new notification to be sent.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Notify Me
- Find the mailing list you wish to create a message for
- Select Choose an Action > Add Item next to your desired Mailing List
- Complete the information fields
- Date to Send: Leave blank to send immediately after you save or enter a future date for the message to auto-send
- Time to Send: Leave blank to send immediately after you save or choose a future time for the message to auto-send
- Sender Name: Create a name for the sender
- Note: The default is the name of the mailing list.
- Reply Address: Email address for recipients to message when they need to reply
- Email Subject: Create a subject heading
- Show Archives: Choose Yes or No to show the archives
- HTML Message: Format your content in HTML code
- Copy HTML to Text: Click this button to translate your HTML code into a regular text
- Plain Text: Normal editing for the message
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Enter the mobile text message for subscribers
- Note: There is a 160-character limit.
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device
- Select a saving option at the top of the page
- Cancel: Will delete your work
- Save: Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save and Submit (Authors only): Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher/owner/system administrator that it is ready for review
- Save and Send: Will save the message and send it to subscribers