This article will show you how to create a user. You can add a user to a front-end group or a back-end group depending on what the user will have permission for.
- If the user already has a CivicPlus Single Sign-On account, you will not have to create an additional username and password for their CivicEngage Central account. Available user fields will only include First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Photograph.
Who can use this feature?
- Select Modules > Site Tools > User Administration
- Select Add User
- Fill in the information fields
- Email Address (required): Add a primary email address
- First Name/Last Name (required): Add the user's name
- Photograph: Click Add to associate a picture with the user
- Start Date/End Date: Decide an activation date and/or expiration date
- Back-End Groups/Front-End Groups: Select groups to add the user to
- Select Save or Save and Publish
- Save: Saves the user, does not publish
- Save and Publish: Saves the user and makes them publicly viewable
- A Verification Email will be sent to the user's email address
Note: If a verification email does not arrive, please check your email's spam filter and ensure your email provider is not blocking emails from email@example.com. Click the forgot password link on the sign-in screen to send a new verification email. If you continue to have issues, contact CivicPlus Support. View the Expired Verification Email article for more information.