This article will show you how to create a hyperlink in pages using the Editor widget.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners | Publishers | Authors
- Sign in to your website solution
- Copy the URL address of the desired destination for your hyperlink
- Navigate to your page
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
- Click in an Editor widget to begin editing:
- Type and/or highlight/select the text you wish to make into a hyperlink:
Note: Link text should help users understand the purpose of the link from the text alone. Learn more about successful link text by visiting the W3Schools Accessibility Link Text page.
- Click the Insert Link button on the Editor widget toolbar:
- Paste the URL or email address of the desired destination in the URL field:
- Open in New Tab Checkbox: Click to open the link in a new tab (this is recommended for external links)
- Click the Insert button:
- Click the Done Editing button:
- Click the Save button:
Review the Help Center Glossary, a comprehensive explanation of the acronyms, abbreviations, and company-specific terminology. The terms located in this section are listed alphabetically:
- URL: Uniform Resource Locator