A user may need to retrieve/reset their password for many reasons, such as being locked out. There are two reasons for an account to lockout a user:
- Too many failed login attempts due to the incorrect password.
- The account was inactive for an extended period of time.
When you get the locked out message the system should send you an email that will allow you to unlock the account. Once the account unlocks, you can then use the Forgot Password link on the login screen. This will allow you to reset your password.
There is also a rare issue with the browser cache that may not allow you to log in. You will receive the message "Either your login has expired or you do not have the rights to the module you are attempting to access." This is an issue with your current browser.
- The most common fix is to try to log in in a different browser. For example, if you are in Internet Explorer, use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. This will also help determine if the issue is within your browser or if it system related.
- If you cannot access another browser, you will need to clear the cache in your current browser. This is different in most browsers but a quick-clear can be done by pressing CTRL + F5 on your keyboard. This should clear the cache and refresh your browser. More advanced steps for clearing your cache can be found at WikiHow: Clear Your Brower's Cache.
- If neither of those options resolves the issue, you can attempt to log in to your production URL. It generally formats as a state and then city name with .civicplus.com. For example, KS-Manhattan.civicplus.com. This should allow you to access your Admin Home if all other access fails.