Who can use this feature?
Piwik can report when users are taken to a 404 Error Page on your site. This information can be used to locate links on the site that have expired or need to be updated.
Referrer or Transition Information can be used to determine which pages contain links that result in an error page. You can use the information provided by Piwik to locate the page containing the bad link and either search for the link manually or use the Console tools to search the page's source code.
Bad links may be located in widgets other than Editors and will need to be updated in the appropriate module.
- Navigate to Modules > Site Tools >Piwik
- Log in to Piwik
- Note: The login for Piwik is unique to your organization but is not the same login you use to get access to your site. If you do not know your login, please contact support.
- Navigate to Actions > Page Titles
- Select the Date filter
- Choose the date range option
- Modify date range
- Apply the date range
- Search 404 using the field at the bottom of the data table
- Expand the section labeled 404
- Expand each item within to see details