Who can use this feature?
Piwik Super Users
You can add an unlimited number of Goals to track in Piwik (newsletter subscription, file download, 'thank you' page, etc.). Learn more about how to track your website Goals in the Goal Tracking documentation.
- If you cannot access the Goals section of Piwik, that means you are not a Piwik Super User. To request access, contact Support.
- Navigate to Modules > Site Tools > Piwik
- Sign In to Piwik (if prompted)
- Navigate to Goals > Manage Goals
- Click Add a New Goal
- Fill out fields
- Goal Name: Create a name for your goal
- Goal is Triggered: Select a goal trigger
- When visitors visit a given URL: Goal trigger when visitors click on a specified URL
- When visitors visit a given Page Title: Goal trigger when visitors click on a page
- When visitors send an event: Goal trigger when visitors send events
- When visitors download a file: Goal trigger when visitors download a file to their computer
- When visitors click on a Link to an external website: Goal trigger when visitors visit a link outside of your site
- Where the URL: Choose to contain, be exactly, or match a specified pattern
- Case sensitive match: Click this checkbox to make the pattern case sensitive (A vs. a)
- Allow multiple conversions per visit: Choose to limit to one conversion or multiple conversions
- Note: If a Page that matches this Goal is refreshed or viewed more than once in a Visit, the Goal will only track the first time the page was loaded during this visit.
- (optional) Goal default revenue is: Enter a default revenue amount
- Click Add Goal