The process to add a new category to one of the available modules on iOS is similar to how you would create it through the CivicEngage platform on a desktop or laptop computer.
Who can use this feature?
- Find the module you would like to add the category to
- Select Add Category
- Note: If your screen is blank, that means you do not have permission to the module. You will need to contact one of your System Administrators to discuss access.
- Fill out the information
- Name: The name of the category
- Brief Description: Brief description of what will be in the category
- Show Lead In: This allows you to choose to show the lead in text never, always, or only if full text is blank for the items in the category
- Email List: Allows events in this category to be sent to a list of email subscribers
- Allow Subscribers: Allows people to subscribe to a list on their own
- Allow SMS: Allows people to subscribe to SMS updates
- Category Permissions: Allows you to set permissions for the category
- Show Category Archives to Public: Allows the archived items to be viewable by the public
- Select a Save option
- Save Changes: Allows you to come back to and work on it later
- Save and Publish: Saves the changes and publishes them to the live site