This article will help you learn more about the benefits of using HTTPS by Default for your organization's website.
- Validation of web content and user input. Without HTTPS, information passed over the web can be intercepted and maliciously altered, so users may receive a different page in their viewport than the page they requested while web servers can receive different information than that submitted by the end-user, i.e. information the user submitted into a form.
- Privacy of web content and user input. Without HTTPS, all information passed to and from an end-user can be intercepted and read in plaintext.
- Many industries have moved to an HTTPS by Default approach since 2018. CivicPlus believes it is important for our local government clients to also adopt this best practice.
- Improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO). For example, websites under the HTTPS protocol have higher places in Google rankings.
- Many new browser features require HTTPS to render content.
- Users are more likely to browse longer and more frequently on your website because it utilizes a security certificate. This builds a relationship of trust between the user and your website.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.