CivicPlus highly recommends that you manually submit your website to be re-indexed after launch. While Google does not guarantee the rank of your page because you have manually submitted it, they do offer a great tool to let Google know that you have new information to share.
Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools is a free web service. Google's submission method, while it requires site verification, is quick and easy. The toolkit allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize website visibility, including the ability to:
- Set a preferred domain, which determines how the site URL is displayed in search engine results pages
- Receive assistance identifying any 404 errors that need to be redirected
- Submit a new sitemap
- Check and set the crawl rate and view statistics about how Googlebot (Google’s web crawler) accesses the site
- Determine what keyword searches on Google lead to the site being listed on the results page and the click-through rates of such listings
For steps on how to set up Google Verification, visit Google's Setup Google Verification article. The HTML file (preferred) or HTML string will need to be added to the root of the site by CivicPlus. Once available, you will contact Support and forward the information.
The terms located in this section are listed alphabetically.
- HTML: HyperText Markup Language
- URL: Uniform Resource Locator