A redirect is a shortcut from one URL to another. In the creation of a redirect, you can send guests to a simple URL if the address is long and complex, or to a new page if the old one has been changed.
For example, http://mydomain.com/Parade could be the redirect for http://mydomain.com/78/2018-Annual-Parade.
Domain Name System (DNS) and Redirects
DNS and Redirects perform separate functions.
- DNS controls which IP addresses are associated with specific domains.
- Redirects control which items or pages specific URLs will take users and how those URLs display in the browser.
- Create a short URL for a page/destination
- Point custom domains to pages within your site
- Cleanly promote an event or program without a long URL
- Automatically direct users from an old URL to a new URL
- There are no category-level permissions for this module. Permissions can only be set on an overall module level.
- If you set up a condition/rule for a question on a form, the Redirect condition will trigger upon submission of the form.