While working with APIs in the CivicEngage system, please be aware of the following normal status rules:
- You can create a draft or published item.
- If you are an Author you can create a Draft item or send a Submitted item.
- You need to have permissions to publish.
- Delete removes the item entirely from the system.
- You need to go from published to unpublished to delete.
- Expired and Pending are time-based.
- Submitted is when you are an Author and have created a submitted item.
- Rejected is when a publisher or higher rejected the item.