This article will show you how to import subscribers to Notify Me.
Who can use this feature?
Format Rules for File Upload
- Must be a .txt or .csv file
- Fields must be tab or comma-delimited
- Each record should be placed on a separate line
- All fields must be present, even if empty
- Only the SMS Number may be empty
- Blank lines are allowed/ignored
- Duplicate entries will be ignored
- 3 columns:
- A: Email Address (Limited to 255 characters)
- B: Phone Numbers (Should be empty or in formats ########## or ###-###-####)
- C: Type of subscription (email, SMS, or both)
- Note: Do not include a header row. An example file is attached to this article as a Resource.
- Additional Notes
- New subscribers will receive HTML emails
- Existing subscribers will keep their format preference
- Existing subscriptions will not be removed
- The Notify Me list must be published in order to add subscribers to it. If your list is unpublished you will get an error message, stating "Email subscription could not be added".
- If your import spreadsheet has the same user listed multiple times, you will get an error message stating "[number] users skipped during upload".
- You can only import an email address to one list at a time. However, users can subscribe to multiple lists at once with the Notify Me page (yourdomain/list.aspx).
- Importing subscribers will send a confirmation out to those being imported and they will not show in the list until they confirm. There is an option to bypass this via a prompt. If this option is not available for you, please contact us.
- Navigate to Module > Content > Notify Me
- On the Published List you want to add subscribers to, select Choose an Action > Subscribers
- Click Import Subscriptions
- Click Choose File in the pop-up window to upload a file from your computer
- Skip Confirmation Process: Bypass the confirmation email, but ensure that the users have already manually confirmed to receive communications
- Select and Open your file
- Click Import File to confirm your file upload
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.