This process will show you how to add a short answer field to a form, where the user can input information.
- iFrames are not supported within Form Center fields
Who can use this feature?
- Create a New Form or Modify an Existing Form
- Add a Short Answer Field Type to your form
- Fill in the input fields
- Label: Name the field
- Instructions: Provide a brief description of how to answer
- Note: The Froala WYSIWYG editor has been added to all Form Center Instructions fields, so now text can be easily formatted to be consistent with site styles without needing to write HTML. iFrames are not supported.
- Width: Select a width for the field
- Required: Select to mark this field as a required question
- External Name: Identifier for the field that Form Center will send to the external server
- Note: A field's external name must match whatever name the external web service expects.
- Max Length: Enter a maximum number of characters per response
- Limit width to max length: Select to limit the width of the field to the max length
- Placeholder: Temporary text
- Select Save Changes
- Scroll to the top and click Save or Save and Publish
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
How can you add an "Other" option to questions?
Please sign in to leave a comment.