An intranet section is a password-protected area that allows only selected groups to view information. The best practice is to create the intranet group, then add subpages later.
Who can use this feature?
- Do not use Save and Push Down when setting permissions for pages and modules as it will change the permissions for all users.
- Create the Front-End Group
- Note: Title the group appropriately to avoid confusion (example: Intranet - View Only Access)
- Note: You would not have to add the users at this time, but this will make it easier when adding permissions for your pages.
- Next, you will Ensure guest permissions are unchecked
- Create an intranet homepage
- Create intranet subpages
- Note: This is the same as creating a page, but select Add Page under the intranet homepage you just made.
- Note: All pages created under the intranet homepage will inherit the permissions just set.
- Note: You can have other modules, but these are the most popular ones used.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.