An intranet section is a password-protected area that allows only selected groups to view information. The best practice is to create the intranet group, then add subpages later.
Who can use this feature?
- Do not use Save and Push Down when setting permissions for pages and modules as it will change the permissions for all users.
- Create the Front-End Group
- Note: Title the group appropriately to avoid confusion (example: Intranet - View Only Access)
- Note: You would not have to add the users at this time, but this will make it easier when adding permissions for your pages.
- Next, you will Ensure guest permissions are unchecked
- Create an intranet homepage
- Create intranet subpages
- Note: This is the same as creating a page, but select Add Page under the intranet homepage you just made.
- Note: All pages created under the intranet homepage will inherit the permissions just set.
- Note: You can have other modules, but these are the most popular ones used.