Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to create a homepage for your Intranet. An intranet homepage is similar to a page, but the permissions are different.
When you create new subpages, the permissions will inherit from the homepage. You do not have to change the permissions for the intranet subpages.
- Ensure Live Edit is On
- Navigate to the global (Mega Menu) you would like your intranet to live under and click Add Page
- Fill in the appropriate fields
- Menu Text: Displays in site menus
- Title: Create page title
- Always Use Page Title for Menu Text: Automatically match the Page Title when submitted or saved page version is published
- Linked Page: Your Intranet Homepage will not be a linked page
- Department Header: If enabled, and the Search Widget is configured to allow it, it will be possible to search only Department Header-related content
- Description: Add a brief (1,000 character or less) description
- Keywords: Used to improve site search results; separate each word or phrase with a comma
- Page Tags: Add tags to provide specific data for this page; commas are not required to separate tags
- Image: Choose an image to display in the Pages (Format 4) Widget
- Hidden: Hide this page from displaying in site menus
- Feature Column: Display the feature column on this page
- Select Create Page
- Navigate to Properties > Permissions
- Uncheck guest permissions
- Find your intranet group
- Check the viewing permissions
- Select Save Page Changes
- Select Save and Publish at the top of the page
- Add subpages
Note: For information on how to add widgets to your pages, please visit our Widget section of the HelpCenter.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.