Widgets are used to customize pages. Widgets belong to one of two groups: Content or Modules.
- Content widgets allow adding and editing content directly on a page.
- Modules widgets allow adding module content to a page. This automatically updates pages from modules such as the Calendar or News Flash. This also allows adding content to multiple pages that can be edited in a single location (Info Advanced, Quick Links, or Staff Directory). Content for Module widgets is edited in the associated module.
If you are unsure which widget contains existing content on a page, please view the article Determining Widget Type.
Content Widgets are the bread-and-butter tools for designing pages on a website. Use Content Widgets to add text, images, links to documents within the Document Center, and much more.
- Editor Widget: The Editor Widget is a simple and easy-to-use text editing widget. Edit text with word processing tools as well as use web tools such as code view and the Accessibility Checker.
- Image Widget: The Image Widget allows you to add images to a page.
- Slideshow Widget: Add a slideshow of images to a page with the Slideshow widget.
- Related Documents Widget: With the Related Documents widget, it is possible to create a dynamic list of documents using those in the Document Center.
- Pages Widget: The Pages widget lists all the subpages, along with descriptions of these subpages, of the page where the widget is placed.
- Spacer Widget: The Spacer widget allows you to add empty spaces to a page. This may be helpful for structuring or organizing your page or for cleaning up the appearance of your page.
- Tabbed Widget: The Tabbed Widget provides a way to create a unique look for your page. This widget allows for the creation of tabs to separate the widgets for a specific topic in one central location. It also allows your users to click and view the content.
- Carousel Widget: The Carousel widget allows you to group and display together up to 10 different widgets that your residents can intuitively navigate with arrows. Each group can contain up to 3 widgets, which allows you to present more impact information in less space. The carousel can transition through these widgets automatically.
- List Widget: With the List widget, lists can be created on the desired page.
- Text Widget: The Text widget is a simple text editor that can be used to easily add text to a page. For a more robust text editing widget, please look at the Editor Widget.
- Search Widget: The Search widget adds a search bar to a page.
- Share Widget: The Share widget allows you to add a share button to your page, so residents can share content on their social media.
- Site Tools Widget: The Site Tools widget adds a site navigation button to a page.
- Table Widget: The Table widget adds a table to your page.
- Custom HTML Widget: The Custom HTML widget allows for HTML to be injected into your website. A few examples that our customers have integrated with our website are Property Tax Calculators, Inmate Lookup Tools, Parcel Searches, and many custom web service integrations.
- Google Translate Widget: Allows you to add a Google Translate button to your page
- Anchor: The Anchor widget adds anchors to a page. Anchors are shortcut links that lead from one section of a page to another section on the same page.
Module Widgets allow you to share information using categories and items created within the modules themselves.
- Alert Center: The Alert Center widget provides a way to notify residents of local or area emergencies, and important information on your website using categories created in the Alert Center Module. Alerts can be relayed via the Alert Bar or a list of alerts.
- Calendar: The Calendar widget allows you to keep your residents informed on local events such as community activities or board meetings. Within the Calendar Module, you may create as many categories as you’d like and bring all events in one main calendar or use a widget to place specific calendars on pages.
- Community Voice: The Community Voice widget allows residents to interact with their local government through open forums, and create a dialogue between local governments and their residents.
- FAQs: The FAQs widget provides a list of links to answers for the most frequently asked questions using existing categories within the FAQ Module.
- Form Center: The Form Center widget utilizes the Form Center Module to create custom online forms to be completed by residents.
- Graphic Links: The Graphic Links widget allows the placement of graphics on your site as links to other pages.
- Info Advanced: The Info Advanced widget allows the display of important information on pages in a compact and easy-to-update module that provides detailed formatting.
- News Flash: The News Flash widget utilizes the News Flash Module to post and share organizational news items important to residents.
- Opinion Polls: Allows you to add polls to your page for resident users to respond to
- Quick Links: Use the Quick Links widget to place links to often-requested information directly on the page of your choice.
- RSS: The RSS widget can be used to add up to 16 RSS feeds to a page from the modules of your choice.
- Staff Directory: With the Staff Directory widget, detailed contact information for staff and offices can be shared on any page(s) from the Staff Directory Module.