You can copy and modify a previously sent message to use as a Template for future messages. This is particularly useful for recurring messages, such as an eNewsletter.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > CivicSend
- Select the Messages tab
- Hover over the message you would like to copy
- Select the Actions icon > Copy
- In Step 1: Select, navigate through the fields
- Subject: Subject heading for the message
- Channels: Select to send through Email, SMS/Text, Facebook, and/or Twitter
- Message Type: Select to use a Template (for visually rich messages) or a Quick Message (text only)
- Subscriber List: Use the Select a List drop-down to select subscriber lists
- Remove: Click this button next to a list you have chosen to remove that subscriber list from the message
- Sender Name: Select a sender name that the message will send from
- Click Continue at the bottom of the page
- In Step 2: Create and configure your templates, depending on your selected Message Options
- Click Save & Continue
- In Step 3: Send, configure your sending options:
- Send Test or Print: Decide to test your message first or print your message out
- Schedule Your Message to be Sent Later: Select to choose the date & time to send your message
- Want Your Message to have a Public Expiration Date?: Select to create a Stop Public Display date
- Click Send Now
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
This article doesn't address how to save a template for ongoing use and how to delete old / outdated templates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.