This article will tell you how to properly embed a video from YouTube or CivicMedia into one of your web pages, using the Custom HTML widget.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners | Publishers | Authors
- Open iframe: <iframe
- Close iframe: </iframe>
Height and Width:
- Your iframe Embed Code requires a width and height to display correctly. Width measurements must be set as a percentage to be mobile-responsive. Height may be left as a number (which will indicate how many pixels (px) of height will be used).
- Example: Width=”100%” height=”500”
- Embedded videos may not appear if the source code is not a secure site (for example, http://). All embed codes require https://
Example of a Robust Embed Code:
- This code opens and has a percentage width, a display height, a secure source, and a closing code
- <iframe Width=”100%” height=”500” src=” https://www.civicengage.civicplus.help” </iframe>:
- Copy the embed code from YouTube or CivicMedia
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
- Click on the Widgets tab in the Live Edit pane:
- Drag and drop a Custom HTML Widget onto your page:
- Paste your Embed Code into the widget:
- Click the Done button to stop editing:
- Click the Save button to update your page: