Secondary Navigation (sometimes called Left or Left-Hand Navigation) is the set of navigational links that appear on a parent page. These links can display subpages of a section or other links that you can customize.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners
When you create a Custom Set of links, the navigation of the site may change slightly. Custom menus will appear on the Site Map as [Custom Links]. Additionally, custom Secondary Navigation has to be manually maintained, so if you adjust the links for a certain section and want those adjustments reflected on the secondary navigation, you must also adjust the custom menu.
- Create a Page
- View the existing Secondary Navigation Layout, which displays sibling pages
- There are multiple options to edit the Secondary Navigation:
- Modify a Secondary Navigation Menu: Move your secondary pages around to a specific order by dragging and dropping
- Add Page: Create a new page that will automatically add to your page's existing sibling page secondary navigation
- The Links Associated with a Different Page: Choose a different page's custom menu to use on this page or choose any page on the site to use its left navigation links
- A New Set of Custom Links: Make your own menu full of any page links you want
- Delete Items on the Secondary Navigation: Delete links on your secondary navigation menu
Secondary Navigation Functions
- The entire Secondary Navigation menu:
Secondary Navigation Options: Choose a different layout option such as Links Associated with a Different Page or New Set of Custom Links:
Expanded Accordion Navigation: View the subpages of a page:
Move Handle: Tool that moves pages to different places in navigation:
Add Page: Click the Add Page link following the other page links in Secondary Navigation to add a new sibling page: