Secondary Navigations are the set of navigational links that appear on a parent page. These links can display subpages or other links that you can custom set.
Who can use this feature?
When you create a Custom Set of links, the navigation of the site may change slightly. Custom menus will appear on the Site Map as [Custom Links]. Additionally, custom Secondary Navigation has to be manually maintained, so if you adjust the links for a certain section and want those adjustments reflected on the secondary navigation, you must also adjust the custom menu.
- Create a Page
- View existing Secondary Navigation Layout, which displays sibling pages
- Multiple options to edit the Secondary Navigation:
- Modify a Secondary Navigation Menu: Move your secondary pages around to a specific order by dragging and dropping
- Add Page: Create a new page that will automatically add to your page's existing sibling page secondary navigation
- The Links Associated with a Different Page: Choose a different page's custom menu to use on this page OR choose any page on the site to use its left navigation links
- A New Set of Custom Links: Make your own menu full of any page links you want
- Delete Items on the Secondary Navigation: Delete links on your secondary navigation menu
Important Note: The default view is the Sibling Pages and Subpages secondary navigation menu.
- Entire Secondary Navigation menu
- Properties: Choose a different layout option (Links Associated with a Different Page, New Set of Custom Links)
- Expanded Accordion Navigation: View subpages
- Cursor: Tool that moves pages
- Add Page: Button to click to add a new sibling page
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Could this page be updated to include further instructions on "A new set of custom links: Delete the current navigational menu and create a new one"? I'd like to edit the secondary nav on one of my pages so it displays links to other related pages on my site. Thanks.
Is there a consequence of creating a custom secondary navigation? Does it alter the navigation of the site? Thank you!
Could we add to this article that this is to modify or add new navigation sub pages? Unless the whole article is read, it seems as if this is only for modifying existing/moving it around.
I need to know how to delete items on the secondary navigation
Hi All -
This article has been remodeled into an Overview page with individual articles to address each of your concerns, as well as functionalities of the Secondary Navigation. These articles will include further instructions of custom links, what happens to site navigation with custom links, and how to delete items on the secondary navigation.
Your Help Center Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.