This article will show you how to create a custom search widget to use on a page.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Site Tools > Design Center
- Select Widget Manager
- Select Search
- Select +
- Type in the name for your option set
- Note: We recommend that you name based on where you plan on using it. For example, Home - Search.
- Select Create Option Set
- The Search Widget option box will appear for customization
- Display Header: Check this if you would like the header to be displayed
- Text: This allows you to set the header text
- Image: Choose the image you would like to appear in the header
- Helper Text: This will display in the search box until someone starts typing
- Helper Text Color: This allows you to customize the color
- Search Box Text Color: This allows you to customize the text color
- Styles: This allows you to set the style in the box using CSS
- Text: This allows you to customize the text on the button
- Image: This allows you to choose a search image
- Hover Image: This allows you to choose the search image that appears when you hover over the search
- Position: This Allows you to choose where the search button appears in the search box
- Styles: This allows you to set the style in the button using CSS
- Enable Department-Only Search: This allows an option to search by department
- Label Color: This allows you to customize the color of the search
- Label Offset: This allows movement of the widget display
- Styles: This allows CSS
- Select Save
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.