This article will show you how to find the Accessibility Checker on the Editor. If you want the tool to check automatically every time, contact Support to turn that functionality on.
- This feature is only available in the Editor widget
- CivicPlus works toward WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards and our websites are highly compliant when they go live. However, ongoing ADA compliance and maintenance is the customer's responsibility.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrator | Owner | Publisher | Author
- Sign in to your website solution
- Navigate to your desired page and ensure Live Edit is On
- Click inside the Editor widget with the content you want to check with the Accessibility Checker
- Select the Accessibility Checker (person) icon
Note: If there are errors, an Accessibility Scan Results pop-up will list the error(s).
- Select More Information to learn more about the error and how to fix it. At this time, this link opens in the same window. It is recommended to right-click and select to open in a new window.
Review the Municipal Websites Central Glossary a comprehensive explanation of the acronyms, abbreviations, and company-specific terminology. The terms located in this section are listed alphabetically.
- ADA: Americans with Disabilities Act
- WCAG: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines