This article will show you how to post a link to a document on a page with the Editor widget.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners | Publishers | Authors
Note: Authors can only edit unpublished pages.
Not finding what you are looking for? View some additional resources.
- Log in to your website solution
Note: Website preferences may change what this looks like, but adding "/admin" to your website's URL will take you to a sign-in screen for administrative login
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
Add an Editor widget to your page (if necessary):
- Click inside the Editor widget you wish to create your link in:
- Enter and select the text you wish to link, including the appropriate document extension, or select existing text that you wish to make into your document link:
Note: You may, alternatively, place your cursor where you would like the link to appear and enter the text to be linked after you click the Insert Document Link button, using the Text field that appears.
- Click the Insert Document Link button on the Editor widget toolbar:
- Locate the desired folder/document and click the Insert button related to the document you wish to link:
- Review the link text (if you already selected it) or enter your desired link text, including the appropriate document extension, in the Text field:
- Open in new tab: Click this checkbox to open your document in a new tab (recommended)
- Click the Insert button of the Insert Document Link dialog box:
- Click the Done Editing button to exit the Editor widget and view your link:
- Choose a Save option:
- Save: Saves all page changes
- Save As Copy: Saves page changes as a copy of the current page
Link to a Specific Page of a PDF
Review the Help Center Glossary, a comprehensive explanation of the acronyms, abbreviations, and company-specific terminology. The terms located in this section are listed alphabetically:
- PDF: Portable Document Format
- URL: Uniform Resource Locator