If you are experiencing a network-related issue, you may be able to use a Performance Test File to gather more information. This article will show you how to use a Performance Test File on a computer with a Windows operating system.
- This process will only work on Windows operating systems.
- Save the PerformanceTest.txt file to your computer's desktop
- Before you run the program, change the .txt extension to .bat
- Open Notepad on your computer
- Navigate to the File menu and select Open...
- Locate and select the PerformanceTest.txt file in File Explorer
- Click the Open button
- Navigate to File and select Save As...
- Select Desktop as the file destination
- Click the Save as type: field and select All Files from the drop-down list
- Click the File name field and change the file name to PerformanceTest.bat
- Click the Save button
- Navigate to your computer's desktop
- Double-click the PerformanceTest.bat shortcut to execute the program
- This process may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once completed, it will produce a results.txt file on your desktop.
- Attach the results.txt file to your response email