There are a few conflicts in software that can exist with PDF software. The PDFs are not populated by default because Adobe implemented a new security feature to prevent certain PDF properties from displaying by default as they could contain malicious content.
This article will show you how to stop Chrome from automatically opening up PDF documents in their Chrome web browser.
- Click Actions Menu > Settings
- Scroll down and click Advanced
- Click Site Settings
- Scroll down and click PDF documents
- Note: If the PDF documents setting doesn't appear, click on Additional Content Settings and scroll down to find it.
- Toggle On the option Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome