A .HAR file contains information a web browser generates about how the browser loads a page’s element. It can be useful to help determine if specific elements may be slowing the loading process.
Who can use this feature?
Note: Instructions may vary by browser.
- Navigate to the site's home page (or page in question)
- Press F12 on your keyboard to open browser tools
- Select Network from the list of tabs
- Press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page
- Wait for the page to fully load (some scripts may continue to load once the page has finished)
- Ensure that you click Preserve log
- Right-click in the data area and select Save all as HAR with content
- Save the file to your computer
- Browser-specific instruction and .HAR file analysis are available via the G Suite Toolbox’s HAR Analyzer.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.