A HAR file contains information a web browser generates about how the browser loads a page’s element. It can be useful to help determine if specific elements may be slowing the loading process.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrator | Owner | Publisher | Author
- The instructions in this article are created based on the Google Chrome browser. Instructions may vary if you use a browser other than Chrome.
- Browser-specific instructions and HAR file analysis are available in the Google Admin Toolbox HAR Analyzer.
- Navigate to the website's home page (or other desired page)
- Press F12 on your keyboard to open the browser tools
- To open the browser tools with your mouse instead of your keyboard, right-click any empty area of your browser window and left-click the "Inspect" option in the context menu that appears.
- Select Network from the list of tabs
- Press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page
- Wait for the page to fully load (some scripts may continue to load once the page has finished)
- Ensure that you check the Preserve log checkbox
- Right-click in the data area and left-click Save all as HAR with content
- Save the HAR file to your computer