This article will show you how to edit a widget.
Who can use this feature?
- The Display option is able to be changed for the following widgets:
- Alert Center
- Info Advanced
- Community Voice
- Graphic Links
- News Flash
- Quick Links
- Navigate to the page that contains the widget you would like to modify
- Turn on Live Edit
- Hover over the widget, select the open options box
- Change your desired items
- Skin: Default is recommended.
- Header Text: Text that will appear above the News Flash
- Option Set: Default is recommended.
- Number of Columns: Indicate how many columns you would like in the widget
- Display: Set the number of items to display in your widget
- Note: If there are more items in your category than the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All items.
- Category: Choose the appropriate category or categories
- Carousel Options
- Note: These options only apply to News Flash widget option sets with the Carousel option enabled.
- Min Allowable Item Width: Indicate the area of minimum item width
- Max Allowable Item Width: Indicate the area of maximum item width
- Space Between Items: Indicate the area between items
- Note: 40px or higher is recommended.
- Widget Breakpoint: Width at which the widget will switch from narrow to wide view
- Push To All Versions of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all versions of this page
- Push To All Subpages of this Page: Add a copy of this widget to all subpages of this page
- Push Options: Choose where to put the widget within pushed pages
- Select X to exit the Widget options window
- Select a Save option
- Save: Will save the changes as a draft
- Save as Copy: Will save the changes as a separate copy
- Save and Publish (draft pages only): Will save and publish to the live site
- Cancel: Will cancel all of the changes made
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published question to show on the front end. If it still does not show, check that a category is selected in the widget options.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.